International Crane Foundation works with the Department of National Parks and Wildlife on the Kafue Flats including Lochinvar National Park, Blue Lagoon and the surrounding Game Management Area covering a total area of 6,500 square kilometers.
International Crane Foundation has used funds provided by the Elephant Charge to enhance community engagement and awareness using community meetings and drama in the Kafue Flats. This includes conducting outreach activities to schools and the community members regarding the conservation of the Kafue Flats. ICF will also contribute to supporting patrols with logistics to enable regular patrols and enhance law enforcement capacity by providing fuels and oils to the anti-poaching teams.
International Crane Foundation has been provided 5 grants by the Elephant Charge totalling
- $13,080 -
Fuchs Elephant Charge 2023
- Promote environmental stewardship in schools and communities in the Kafue Flats through supporting a local football team, air radio programs on community radio stations, school & community visits, meetings & distribution of education al materials, install signage, maintain Blue Lagoon lookout tower, dsiplays at Discovery Centre in Lusaka NP.
- $18,387 -
Fuchs Elephant Charge 2022
- Support of office costs, buying and printing of educational resources, commemoration of environmental days, school competitions, activities and park visits, community outreach and education, establish climate smart garden at schools with conservation clubs
- $19,091 -
Fuchs Elephant Charge 2021
- Supporting the expansion and development of the school and community outreach program, purchase and maintenance of equipment, and salary support of staff.
- $13,150 -
Fuchs Elephant Charge 2020
- Support of Communication and Education office, field trips to Kafue Flats, school program development
- $8,346 -
Fuchs Elephant Charge 2019
- Support to school Environmental Education, & logistics in the Kafue Flats